Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Touching Moments

I was reading a novel, lying down next to my twins. I had placed one of my hands on a twin, who had been difficult a while ago, and had brought the house down with his bawling. As I was lost in the memoirs of Sayuri, the geisha, all of a sudden, I discovered that my index finger was not available for turning the page. A quick look, and I found my twin clutching on to my finger with such intense ferocity. He was fast asleep, the very picture of a divine angel. Extricating my finger would mean waking him up. Quick decision. I decided to leave Sayuri alone for the time being and instead, removed my spectacles and settled for a nice nap next to my twin. When I woke up after half an hour, the little chap was still clutching my finger. :-)

5 comments:

:) said...

"When I woke up after half an hour, the little chap was still clutching my finger." is sweet...

Priya Mani said...

That was one priceless mama moment!

rampy said...

Priceless :)

Krishna said...

first of all....
You fell ASLEEP?
:)

Your memoirs will make a good reading for your children in the future... and matter of joy to us NOW!

keep it up

C.Savitha said...

@Orangemoongazer - That's the idea. :-)