Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cold Thoughts on A Winter Evening

[I had gone for an evening walk today, a silent walk. A walk that became the source for this prose poem. Sometimes walking gives rise to thoughts worth penning, or rather, typing down. :)]


As I walked down the silent road,
A walk that was to try and let go,
Cold from outside, cold within,
Coldness, in a wave, rushed in.

Coldness, in a wave, rushed into
A heart that had become cold and dark.
Coldness that made the heart rigid,
Coldness that made the soul frigid.

Coldness that made the soul frigid,
Coldness that pierced the heart with the cry:
A cry that made my eyes move,
My eyes saw the starlit sky

My eyes saw the starlit sky,
My eyes saw a dream die,
My eyes turned behind and saw,
A living hell that had been the world.

A living hell that had been the world,
With thorns of deceit; not hearts of gold,
Ah, a world that did not smile,
And wonder about the birds that fly.

And wonder about the birds that fly,
Or the fish that swim in oceans deep,
My eyes looked at the starlit sky,
My eyes felt the wonder die.

My eyes felt the wonder die,
But no, my eyes did not cry,
Not a tear was shed as my legs turned,
And walked onwards towards meanings unknown

And walked onwards towards meaning unknown,
But coldness, in a wave, rushed in.
I continue to walk on a silent road,
Cold from outside and cold within.

No comments: